Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stickles Storage Box

Yesterday, on Crop Chocolate, "The Incredibly Talented By Belle" posted a box for stickles storage. I had noticed recently that I am starting to gather quite the collection of stickles.....and was thinking about purchase of a storage system. Stickles work better if they are stored upside down. The storage systems I found online cost anywhere from $15 to $30.  Well, I tried to do what By Belle did, and it turned out really nice.

Products I used:
BG Kioshi paper (scraps from yesterday's LOs)
Nestabilities dies
Webster's pages trim
A box I found in my husband's garage garbage (I cut the top off)
and a 32 cent piece of poster board from Target

I cut the poster board in 2in high strips that fit the box. Like By Belle, I cut them at every inch mark about half way up and then put them together like an old ice tray. Mine appear to have been done after a couple cocktails.


I covered the box with the BG Kioshi Scraps, added some Webster's trim (which adds strength to the box) and made a flower (using nestabilities and a crochet flower I had in my stock).


This is the project on my shelf.


Now, with all the money I saved, I can buy MORE stickles!  Woo Hoo!  Thanks By Belle

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

5 comments:

  1. Great idea. Think I will copy this and make my own:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!! It fits on your shelf perfectly!! My 'ice tray' was all wonky too...I spent a lot of time straigtening. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed this week that I am acquiring more Stickles. Hhhmmmm, may have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed this week that I am acquiring more Stickles. Hhhmmmm, may have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just noticed this week that I am acquiring more Stickles. Hhhmmmm, may have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete