Monday, July 23, 2012

County Fair Turkey Scrapbook Lay-out

I can't begin to tell you how excited I was when Amber from MY FAVORITE CRAFT-SITE (http://www.cropchocolate.com) asked me to be the July guest designer!  Then she told me she wanted me to show the gals something new.  Well, let me tell you, that was scary...  There are some really, super talented crafters on cropcholate!  What could little'ole'me show them? I eventually decided to try something new to me hoping it would be new to some of these crafty ladies!  So here goes!

My DS showed a turkey at the county fair last year and won a blue ribbon in showmanship.  Here's what I decided to use:

CC Purchased Supplies (most of the paper purchased in fabulous grab bags!)

Two 12x12 Echo Park Merry Go Round
Lettering cut from Echo Park Paradise Beach
Photo background Echo Park Dark Teal
Accents also in EP Teal and Paradise Beach.  Also MME Happy Go Lucky and Echo Park Sunshine
Ribbon Fancy Pants It’s your day
Non-CC Supplies
Light Green and Light Blue Emboss Powder and Versamark Ink
Glitter Brads
CTMH Stamp 
Accent Washi tape

Step 1 - place the pictures on dark teal background paper and cut close trim
Step 2 - my new technique - two color heat embossing.  First, I stamped the image with Versamark, and used a spoon to apply the blue emboss powder in a few spots.
I shook the excess back into my container, then I "houffed" it.  "Houf" you ask?  Well, houffing is like blowing your hot breath against the paper to make sure your Versamark is still damp.  My DH says it's like checking to see if you have bad breath!  Then I spooned the green powder into the blank spots.
This time, I was really careful to only lightly put the excess green back into the container, so I wouldn't contaminate my emboss powder with more than one color.  I shook the last excess last little bit off into the garbage...

Step 3 - heat emboss

Sweet!  Think I'll try this on flowers to see if I can get the tips of the flower a different color than the inside.  Hmmm....the ideas are swirling now! 

Step 4 - I attached the pictures onto the black.....and rounded the corners of the black.

Step 5 - I cut and tear strips of accent papers and laid them out to see what they would look like...


Step 6 - I taped it all together, added the "dingle-ball" ribbon (NinaN on CC called it that - I liked it!).......and well, I thought it was missing something, so I created the circle embellishment with a Nestabilities die and a glitter brad and used pop-tape to attach it.


And here's my turkey....


The best part of a turkey lay-out......all the left-overs, of course.  What to do - oh what to do!  I know!  Make lots of cards!  I used some of this for my Challenge 18 - Recipe on Crop Chocolate!  Whoo Hoo.


You'll have to head on over to http://www.cropchocolate.com (in the contests section) to see what I did!

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

2 comments:

  1. love the EP papers and great job on DS blue ribbon and what a fun page/subject to scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, I would never have thought of this.

    ReplyDelete