Friday, July 27, 2012

Beautiful Candle Holder

Submitted to Crop Chocolate Challenge #24 - Anything Goes

I am totally inspired by the crafty ladies at Crop Chocolate! Two, in particular, have inspired me to create this candle holder. They are Karen (or ScrappyCanuck) and Michelle (or by belle).  They created these fabulous candle holders using a tuna can, some clothespins, paper and embellishments. I wanted one!!!

You can see a tutorial and ScrappyCanuck's version - HERE!

You can see ByBelle's version - HERE!

What's a girl to do but MAKE one! For mine, I used:

Happy Days and Imaginesce Papers, clothespins, a tuna can, Tim Holtz alcohol inks, Mod Podge, bakers twine, and ribbon.  The embellishments are mostly from UmWow Studios. DeeDee (who owns UmWow) makes these incredible embellishments that were PERFECT for this project.  I'm using this candle holder in our bathroom, so I added a lighthouse sticker to match the decor in our bathroom. The tag is inked and stickled :)

The CC Challenge says to use 50% CC products. Since all the paper is CC, I hope it's enough!

Look at my beautiful candle holder!! I'm so proud of it!
Thanks to Michele, Karen, DeeDee and all the crafty ladies at CC for all their fabulous inspiration!

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

3 comments: