Friday, July 20, 2012

Santa Barbara (CC Challenge 23 - Patterns Galore)

My hubby, Matt, and I went to Santa Barbara in April for a conference from my work. It's truly a gorgeous town!

I created this lay-out for Crop Chocolate's challenge #23 to create a project using 3 patterned papers.

Products used:
Trinity Surf N Swim paper (3 patterns!)
Brads from FP It's the little things
Some ribbon
Clear stickles
and glacier glimmer mist




In creating the project, I wanted to bring home a little of the beautiful sparkly water that I saw in Santa Barbara. I used glimmer mist or stickles on everything blue to try to capture that sentiment.










Besides, I love the sparkles! We had a great time in Santa Barbara, had some great food and stopped in for some adult beverages too! As much as I love Northern California, it was hard to come home.

Here's the final LO:


The picture of my DH with that boat line cracks me up!  The caption should read, "My honey, what a big rope you have!" but that's probably a little risque, huh? The other picture on that page is in Solvang, a Danish community that we stopped in on the way home. If you are ever by that place, stop! It's super cool....

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment