Tuesday, July 3, 2012

"No Crafter Left Behind" Challenges I Entered

If you are here to enter a project into the "No Crafter Left Behind" blog-hop, keep scrolling down.....and note that the deadline has been extended!  These are the challenge projects I submitted.....  Because we were able to combine up to three challenges at once, I was able to submit a project in every challenge!  Woo hoo!



Project 1

Clayton528's challenge was to create something that reminds me of Spring.  I had made this card in a class one time, so I recreated it in different colors using CC products. Check out Clayton528's blog at: http://www.upinthenightwithkat.blogspot.com

The tulip petals and stems/leaves are from the bird punch and distressed with TH lavender, mustard, and sapphire.










Project 2
Scrappy Canuck's challenge was to create a lay-out in under an hour or a card in less than 30 minutes.  This card used mostly scraps and was done in 15 minutes! This is Scrappy Canuck's blog: http://scrappycanuck.wordpress.com/

The candle flames are punched with the same bird punch (it's the wings again).  Then I used TH distress inks in Mustard Yellow and Rusty Hinge (applied with a sponge). The candles are strips of scrap paper.  It's finished off with couple pieces of ribbon and a rub-on.  Easy sneezy quick card!









Project 3
NinaN's challenge was to use a pinwheel on the project. I'd never done one before. I love the pinwheel. Not so sure about the bottom of the card! NinaN's blog is at http://ninastimeout.blogspot.ca/
by belle's challenge was to create something that incorporates a handmade non-paper item. That adorable little butterfly was made from twine and scraplifted from Macattack on CC. See by belle's blog at http://stuffbybelle.blogspot.com










Project 4
Lucy's challenge was to create a project using 3 different alphabets. I used FOUR on this LO of a visit to see my DH's Great Aunt Barbara. Aunt Barbara is a true lady with such a sweet, gentle soul. Lucy was a guest of NY Scrapper at http://centralnyscrapper.blogspot.com/2012/06/for-those-left-behind-blog-hop.html

mom2tayandbay's challenge was to create a lay-out with a destination or travel theme. Since the trip to Aunt Barbara was a road trip; I hope it counts! Mom2tayandbay's blog is at www.talesoftayandbay.blogspot.com


This is a close-up of the flower on project 4. I received it recently from a clearance sale at Websters Pages.  I "need" more of these flowers. They're GORGEOUS!




Project 5

raebae's challenge was to make a project celebrating every day moments. These pages are a page of my DH doing every day chores. raebae's blog is at http://kitchentablescrapper.blogspot.com/




I also used alcohol inks for the FIRST TIME on this project for the challenge of NanCDru – Char (http://craftychicchar.blogspot.com/2012/06/for-those-who-are-left-behind-blog-hop.html) It may not seem like a lot, but this was the fourth thing I tried to ink before I got something I liked......and I ended up with ink all over me (including a spot on my ankle!  lol!) I want to get a few more colors as the ones I have now are all in the brown family, and I think my ankle would look better in green, don't you?







Project 6

Scrapaddict-laura's challenge was to create a card using a journal box and bling. I love this flower that I purchased at UmWow Studios. Scrapaddict-laura's blog is at http://scrapaddict4life.blogspot.com/










Project 7

Haf2scrap's project was to create a project celebrating Canada Day or Independence Day. I had just received this Unity Stamp of the Week and attempted to "scraplift" the card on their site.  It turned out "ok" but the lanterns don't hang very straight.  Any hints on how to do that?  Haf2scrap was a guest of centranyscapper. Check out the blog post at www.thriftysisters-chris.blogspot.com.

Finally, bethd488 challenged us to do a project using the American flag as inspiration. Red, White and Blue all the way! Bethd488's blog is at http://engineeringmemories.blogspot.com






So, I did it! I submitted projects to ALL the challenges!  Yay!  This challenge was a great deal of fun, and I learned a LOT!  Love CC!!  Special thanks to the awesome Clayton528 for her hard work putting the hop together!

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

3 comments:

  1. WOW! You entered so many challenges. I hope to craft tomorrow and enter some challenges too.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work - good luck on your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You did an awesome job on your challenge entries!

    ReplyDelete