Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lighthouse Card for Hubby

Submitted for Chick Challenges {with Ippity} - Sketch #41

My dear husband and I will be married four years on August 10, 2012. We met on match.com.....but our families had known each other for years. I graduated from high school with his brother and sister. Our fathers both worked in law enforcement in the same town. We had grown up about 3 blocks from one another and had many friends in common.

Four years may not seem like a long time, but it's been quite a road we've been on. He has two sons (twins - 18 years old), and I have two sons (ages 18 and 19). They all live with us, and it's not always easy.  Blended families can be HARD, but I'm happy to say that I love my husband more than I did when we married, and I think the reverse is true. He's just an all-around decent person.

He's a lighthouse, boater kinda guy, so I know that he will love this card for our anniversary.


The inside says, "Your love lights the way" - it's "itty-bitty" by Unity that I got from their stamp-of-the-week club. The paper is left-over from the cards I made on my last blog post. (I love being able to fully utilize papers, don't you?)

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

4 comments:

  1. Very nice card for a special occasion. I am sure your hubby will enjoy.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I love your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely. the embellishments are perfect! thanks so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, and lovely story! :)

    ReplyDelete