Sunday, July 22, 2012

Brian and Sydney at Senior Prom

Submitted for challenge: Stuck on You Sketches - July 20.

My youngest, Brian, went to Senior Prom this year with his girlfriend, Sydney. My boys have really good taste in women. Sydney is a super nice girl, she's smart, she knows where she's headed, and she's got a great sense of humor. On top of all that, she looked like a greek goddess in her off-white ruffly dress. My son, Brian, was quite dapper in his tux. They went to prom in this really long limo with a group of friends. They were so cute :)

The inspiration for this lay-out was:





I learned how to make this ADORABLE washi tape flower from Tim Holtz's blog.  It was SO easy. I showed it to my dear hubby and asked him what he thought.....he said, "Ummm, it's a button."  Hmph, men!  LOL

Tim makes it look really easy, and I tried to make some in different sizes. Starting with a circle about 1" in diameter was the ticket. Making them smaller was HARD. Making them bigger, it looked like a ball of tape when I was done.










Products I used:
Black paper (not sure what brand)
CTMH Bliss Workshop on the go
Authentique Carefree
Silver Polka Dot Washi Tape
Some bling, buttons and ribbons


Here's the finished project! Note that page 1 is inspired by the sketch and page 2 was inspired by page 1.


The smaller pictures up in the left corner are the exchange of flowers. How stinkin' cute are these kids!!?

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Karen!
    What great pages!
    These kids ARE so cute! What a good time...well, hopefully!
    LOL!
    I kinda can't imagine scrapping this as my kiddo's are still so little! LOL!
    But someday!
    Thanks so much for having joined in!

    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karen! Love your double pager! Yes, the kids are cute! Hope that had a great memorable time! Thanks so much for joining us at SOUS. Love your Washi tape flower ... awesome! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful couple!!!! Great job using the sketch and I really love that you made a 2 pager out of it!! Your flowers are wonderful!!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving authentique; can't wait to get my hands on more; love the layout and that you mirrored the second page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch Karen, and what treasured photo's. Fab washi tape flowers and I love your hubby's comments about them - sounds like my hubby too..lol. Thanks for joining us at SOUS.. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I just love double pagers...just stunning. Thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your double page! Thanks so much for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful take on the sketch Karen and I LOVE your photos! Thanks for playing along at SOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaaw, what a wonderful day to remember and such a great take on our sketch.. So glad you wanted to use it to inspire such a beautiful layout..
    thnx for playing along with us girls over at SOUS
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete