Friday, July 26, 2013

FWF - Big Dreams

Happy Friday, Friends with Flair!

I know we all love our Unity Stamps and anything that is designed by the ever-so-fabulous Phyllis Harris.  The stamp set, "Determination," is one of my favorites.  (Yes, I know, I have lots of favorites!  haha)

My son's first birthday away from home is tomorrow.  He'll be 19.  He's a soldier in the United States Army and is deployed in Korea.  I miss him....and decided this stamp totally would be perfect for him.  It won't reach Korea in time, so it'll just say "thinking of you" - and I already sent him a birthday package.  I'll mail it on his birthday, so the post-mark will be the correct day.


It's not a card I would normally give to a grown-up boy, but this particular son gets my need to craft totally; it'll make him smile :)

Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

16 comments:

  1. How precious is your card! Love the big heart and the way you inked around the cut up sentiment! Love this Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww---I also love this stamp!You did a great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet image and great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. 19 and in the army? I'm sure your son will love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card for him. Love your idea of the birthday postmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang! I don't have that stamp set, but now I "need"it after seeing this great card. Happy BD to our son!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I am going to add this stamp to my wish list now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your son I love this card

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a beautiful birthday card for your son, he will love it. thank you to your son and all he does for us :)
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, you made this stamp come to life. He will love this. Courageous man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! My heart is warmed by the love you have put into it. You are both lucky to have each other <3 Thank you to both your son and you for the sacrifices you are making for our freedom. Wishing him the happiest of birthdays :) He will surely treasure this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karey what a lovely card for your son. Hope his birthday is really special too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I would like to believe there is still a little boy in all our grown sons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card - lovely design with the perfect colors! Happy Birthday to your son! Hope he's doing okay in Korea and staying safe. Hopefully he'll be home again before you know it. :)

    ReplyDelete