Sunday, July 21, 2013

SWAT - Sketch for Brian

For the Surf, Sun and Stickles Blog Hop - either scroll down or go HERE.  Thanks :)

One of my online besties, Michele, (and a total inspiration for me!) is part of the Scrap Warriors Advanced Training Design Team, and she posted a great lay-out based on their current challenge, a challenge that says we have to use ONLY patterned paper.  Fun!  I've been art journaling for my son who is deployed in Korea in the United States Army.  I am super proud of him, but I also miss him a great deal.  This lay-out showing him swearing into the Army last November will be pasted into his journal.  The small picture is me and him - just before the swearing in.

I'm also posting this to Polly's "Firsts" challenge on Cocoa Creators.  This was definitely my first time watching my son swear into the military!  And it's the first time I've used my Army green splatter ink.  


Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

10 comments:

  1. Cool layout and fab pics! Love the splatter and mixed media used. Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! Love the background!!! Thanks for playing at SWAT my scrappy friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to read the story behind the photos - great layout! :) Thanks for joining us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome. What a great page to create. You did such a great job with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at SWAT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Love the star and how you added the circle element from the sketch! Thanks for playing along w/SWAT drill #12!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job on the art-journal entry!!!
    Thanks for linking up with SWAT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, tht circle looks amazing! Thanks for playing with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the circle! Great job with the sketch! Thank you so much for playing along with us at S.W.A.T!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that circle element - is that bubble wrap I spy? Thanks for playing along with us at SWAT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great event to document. Love all that ink splatter! Thanks for joining us at SWAT

    ReplyDelete