Friday, April 12, 2013

FWF Thanks

The other day, a dear friend asked for her crafty friends to send some thank you cards.  One of her family members is dealing with a terrible crisis and she wanted to offer some thank you cards, so that would be one less thing to worry about.  Of course, I sent her all that I had.  I probably have 100 cards in my "stash" and every so often box them up and send them to Operation Write Home ... but I had only FOUR thank you cards!  What's up with that? 

I decided to build up my stash of thank you cards.  I'm thankful for this adorable Unity stamp (Hello Pretty).  I used scraps to make all three of these cards. I'm thankful that my miserable case of shingles seems to be getting better.  I actually worked four hours in a row today....first time in 3 weeks.  (This from someone who works 50 to 60 hours a week usually....)  And I'm thankful it's FRIDAY FRIENDS WITH FLAIR time!!


Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

19 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful thing you did!

    Your cards are beautiful..love that image and beautifully colored!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! Love this image and way you've curved the bottom of your cards! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card trio! The swoop at the bottom of the card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards - love the design!! Great job,Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this stamp! I need to use mine. So nice of you to donate your beautiful cards, Karen! I seem to send mine almost as fast as I make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is A LOT of hours to work! These cards are so gorgeous, love the border and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely set of cards, Karen. I love this sweet SOTW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have always been a fan of this flower stamp. You have showcased it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are DARLING!!! She's going to love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards Karen! Amber is right, she is going to love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm thankful you are getting better, thankful you were able to help out Kathy (I never made it to the P.O -- had to play for a funeral), and thankful for YOU!

    These are fantastic cards! I love that stamp, too. It's so versatile. And pretty. Love you, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  12. karen, these turned out beautifully! I don't know which is my favorite LOL Thanks for joining us at FWF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute set! I really love that stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty cards! :) I love that stamp, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely set of Thank Yous. The recipients will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh goodness...LOVE this design.

    And OH MY, SHINGLES...ICK. I am glad you're getting better...hope you continue to improve (and also hope that you ease back into those 60 hour weeks!) -- another ick!

    ReplyDelete