Thursday, June 22, 2017

Let It Go, Artzy Style

Today, I am posting a card over at Dare 2B Artzy that was SO much FuN to make.   I'm going through a bit of personal issues here lately and decided to make a card just for me.  I'm going to keep this card on my desk...



Isn't it pretty?  And the reminder to "Let it go" will be good for me.  The flower and sentiment are from the Dare 2B Artzy, Let It Go Stampset and are stamped with Totally Black ink (great for Copic or watercolor techniques).  To create this card, I smeared distress oxide inks in Cracked Pistachio, Broken China and Iced Spruce onto my craft mat, added some water, and ran the watercolor cardstock through.  Then I put Worn Lipstick, Wilted Violet and Peeled Paint on my craft mat and watercolored in the flower and leaves.  I took what was left on my craft sheet and flicked the paintbrush to get some splatters.  I also added some polka dots to the flower with a Kiririna Wink pen.  To embellish, I framed it on teal cardstock with a pink border die cut (with small pearls) and added some washi tape.
Here's a close-up of that pretty flower:

Also, have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?!  You should!  There's all kinds of beautiful inspiration.  Be sure to also check out all D2BA's products here!
Thanks for stopping by!
Craftily yours,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. So Pretty! I really like the colors & that background! Fab card! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete