Monday, June 17, 2013

May Arts Nautical Challenge

If you are looking for the Star Spangled Stickles blog hop - go "here".

I was so super excited to see the May Arts challenge!  Nautical!  Nice!  Ooooh, pick me!  She did!

I wanted to create a mini-album showing some of my favorite pictures of our family adventures on our boat.  The idea grew into a "mini" that is boat shaped....and well, it's not so mini!  Here is a collage:


I cut boat shapes out of UmWow Studio (UWS) chipboard.  On each boat, is a folder that contains pictures on both the front side and the back side.  I made flags from the gorgeous May Arts red/white solid stripes, and each of the folders open with a brad and a little bit of the burlap cord separated by strand.  I used every inch of the beautiful May Arts metallic chain cord to line the top of the hull part of the boat.  I totally LOVE that metallic ribbon!  I then used a solid piece of UWS Chipboard and cut a slice in a block of wood for the backing.  The wood's edge is surrounded by the very pretty May Arts white woven chevron stripes ribbon.  To finish off my project, I added a washi tape border and cut an anchor from my cameo and used TH Distress Stain in brushed pewter and stardust Stickles on it, tying it off with more of the burlap cord.  My husband asked me if I could bling up the anchor on our boat!!  ha ha!  I tied a knot from the burlap cord to adorn the base.  The paper used in this project is from Authentique Blissful and Genuine collections.

Here are some close-ups!




Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

3 comments: