Tuesday, June 25, 2013

CIO Mid-Challenge Paper Piecing

So excited to announce that I'm on the Clear It Out challenge design team!  Woo hoo!  My first project with them was doing paper piecing with a digital stamp and using up some of my scrap papers.  I have done paper piecing with regular stamps, but I've never done it with digital stamps.  Quite a challenge.

I decided to use the below flower digital stamp from Digi Darla.  The image can be purchased, "HERE." I had made some recipe cards for a recipe swap and had all these little pieces of colored paper left, so that is my scrap paper element.  What I did was to print the image onto plain white paper and then tape a piece of colored paper over the image (very securely!) and run it through the printer again.  Then I just cut the flowers and put it on the card.  Easy sneezy!

The hearts on the side are inked up with TH distress inks through punchinella.  A dear friend sent me this stuff - and I LOVE IT!  Add a button and a touch of Timeless Twine and Voila!


Craftily yours,

Karen (karey2005)

No comments:

Post a Comment