Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tips for Using Scraps

I'm up over at the Cut@Home blog today!  I was asked to do a post with tips for using up scraps.  My tips can all be found in my video:


They are:
1.  Try to keep your collections together.  I use 13x15 ziploc bags that I found on Amazon.
2. Paper piecing!  
3.  Die cut shapes.  
4. Pair scraps with a cute image that you color.  It’s a great way to tie in unrelated scraps (if you don’t keep them all together!)
5. Make borders.
6. Repeating images or cuts.
7. Make flowers.  
8.  Use as test pieces.  I use small scraps to test out my Stickles….to make sure I don’t end up with huge glops on my projects.  I also use scraps to test a die (just to make sure it fits properly with a stamp or something).
9.  Throw it away!  If you saw my hoard of scraps, you’d seriously laugh at me….but seriously every now and then, I come across the most ugly scrap.  Why did I keep that?!

What are YOUR tips?!

Here are the cards I made using these tips:



That adorable stamp is from Oak Tree Stamps, Baby Bumps.  The paper is Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower.  The rest of my supply list can be found on the Cut@Home blog!

Craftily yours,

Karen

2 comments: