Be sure to check it out at their blog for your chance to win!
Here's what I did:
It's a 5"x7" mixed media canvas. The steps I took to make this canvas:
1. I swiped on some Cobalt Teal and Light Yellow Green DecoArt Acrylic Paint throughout the background.
2. I cut a Circles Background die and then used it as a template and sponged Primary Cyan paint in random spots in the background. In the below picture, you can see them in the corner. I also put random swipes of Prussian Blue paint here and there.
3. I covered the whole background with DecoArt Mat Medium.
4. I die cut both of the dies from the Pair of Leaves 1 set with white soft-finish cardstock covered with adhesive. Then I covered the leaves with Sea Glass Silk Microfine Glitter.
5. I stamped random sentiments onto a piece of pattern card stock from the Fly & Scrap paper. The sentiments are from the General Sentiments; Plant, Grow & Bloom; Summer Sentiments; and Fashionable Phrases Sets. I edged this panel with a little distress ink in Blueprint Sketch.
6. I cut a Circles Die from the Fly & Scrap paper. (It's the pink, blue and yellow circles in the background.)
7. I stamped, colored and die cut the butterfly from the Bugs & Butterflies Clear Stamps and Coordinating Dies. I sponged on some mat medium to the butterfly just to "grunge" it up a little.
8. I adhered the circles, leaves, some lace and the sentiment panel to the canvas with mat medium.
9. I die cut an Entwined Circles with adhesive and applied Faded Denim Silk Microfine Glitter. I adhered it over the sentiment panel with Mat Medium.
10. Finally, I edged the entire thing with some Prussian Blue paint and added a few pearls to the Entwined Circles.
Thanks for sticking with me through this long post. This was a fun one to make! And thank you for stopping by today!