Sunday, March 6, 2016

Sewing Friends

Welcome Dare 2B Artzy fans!!

Karen N here from Craftily Yours! I am excited to be sharing a card for the ALL NEW Dare 2B Artzy Challenge.  It's all about bright colors.  How FuN!  Create something with bright colors and join us.  You have almost a month to join us, and you could WiN a free stamp set and some inks.  Wowzers!!

Today, I am sharing a card that I made for one of my co-workers.  I manage the Arts at a local university, and my co-worker is the seamstress in the costume shop.  I know she'll LoVe this.  Dare 2B Artzy's Quilted Turtle Stamp Set is PERFECT for her.  Here's what I made:



I used the following Copic markers to color the turtle:
Shell:  R20, R21, R22, YG91, YG93, YG95
Body:  YG03, YG06, YG07
Button Eye, R22, BG53, BG57

I used a Spellbinders Curved Die to add the swoop in the middle of the card.  I added the white polka-dots with a Molotow acrylic paint pen.  Here's a close-up of the turtle (who is adorable!):


That beautiful paper is from the Dare 2B Artzy In Bloom Collection.  I also used the same stamp-set and paper to decorate the inside:



Have you "liked" us on Facebook yet?!  You should!  There's all kinds of beautiful inspiration.  Be sure to also check out all D2BA's products here!

And please - join our challenge!  I can't wait to see what bright things you create!

Thanks for stopping by!  

Craftily yours,

Karen

2 comments:

  1. I just love how you used the quilted turtle stamp and In Bloom papers. What a fun card and love the inside treatment as well! What a great added touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring! Fab Papers... so awesome!

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete